Working with our friends at HD Physiotherapy Practice, Speedhub can provide professional assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for a wide variety of musculoskeletal pain, neurological conditions and sports injuries.
Physiotherapy is a science-based profession and takes a ‘whole person’ approach to health and wellbeing set within the patient’s general lifestyle. At its core is the patient’s involvement in their own care through education, awareness, empowerment and participation in their treatment. You can benefit from physiotherapy at any time in your life.
Physiotherapists help restore movement and function when someone is affected by injury, illness or disability through movement and exercise, manual therapy, education and advice.
We offer a friendly service for patients across the full age spectrum from children through to older adults in a confidential yet welcoming environment aiming to provide a long-term solution to your problem.
- Manual therapy: treatment delivered with the hands including specific joint mobilisations, soft tissue/trigger point massage, myofascial release, muscle energy techniques
- Progressive therapeutic exercise programmes for home and/or gym: including strengthening exercises, stretches
- Sports Rehabilitation
- Gait analysis
- Postural correction
- Neural mobilisation
- Core stability exercises and awareness programmes
- Pilates: individual treatments and programmes
- Electrotherapy: Ultrasound, TENS
- Advise and Education: support and information during your recovery and understanding of future injury prevention/reoccurrence
- Home visits: can be arranged
- Spinal pain: neck, mid spine/ribs, lower spine, pelvis
- Sports injuries
- Work related issues: sitting, posture, driving
- Upper limb pain: wrist, elbow, shoulder
- Lower limb: foot, ankle, knee, hip
- Injuries to muscle, tendon, ligament
- Orthopaedic: fractures, stress fractures, post-operative rehabilitation
- Obstetric/Pregnancy related pain during and following birth: including pelvic and low back pain and pelvic floor rehabilitation
- Gynaecological conditions: bladder and bowel dysfunctions for both women and men
- Neurological Conditions: including stroke, head injury, multiple sclerosis, ME, celebral palsy
About HD Physiotherapy Practice
Welcome, I'm Sophie Davies, Physiotherapist at HD Physiotherapy Practice based in Lutterworth. After successfully completing my first degree at the University of Nottingham, I retrained and gained my Physiotherapy BSc (Hons) from Coventry University in 2002. Since then I have acquired invaluable physiotherapy experience within the NHS, at the Police Rehabilitation Centre, in private practice as well as working for the MoD, specialising in musculoskeletal and neurological rehabilitation together with sport injuries and women’s/men’s health, Throughout my career I have continually maintained and improved my evidence-based knowledge. I relish treating a broad spectrum of patients from those with non-sports related injuries to fitness enthusiasts as well as elite, international athletes from a range of sports including runners, weight lifters, cyclists, horse riders, and gymnasts as well as triathletes. Being married to a multiple Ironman triathlete I have a unique insight into the requirements of sport both physically and mentally.
As a physiotherapist, I thrive on the challenge of tailoring individual yet holistic treatment and rehabilitation programmes to achieve goals and required levels of function identified during assessment. While I have taken part in triathlons, my primary sport for over 40 years is horse riding in which I have successfully competed to an international level. In the last 25 years I have focussed on competing ponies native to the British Isles to the highest level nationally. I pride myself on providing a professional, confidential and friendly service, aiming to empower patients to return to full function and achieve their goals.
Make an enquiry
You can use this contact form to directly contact Sophie Davies at HD Physiotherapy Practice now, to get more information or to enquire about booking an appointment. Please note that an enquiry via this form does not constitute a booking until you have received confirmation by return.