The brand new Orbea Ordu Triathlon Bikes look amazing. You can even customise the colour to make it one of a kind! Here’s what Orbea have to say about them:
Just like triathlon is a competition of multiple disciplines, Ordu is an elegant blend of aerodynamics, weight, handling and ergonomics. Once you have experienced Ordu’s multiple strengths, it is impossible to feel confident with a lesser machine.
For those who aim to be the fastest, most efficient and decorated athletes, Ordu is the future. You and triathlon will never be the same again.
- Aerodynamics – It required more than 2,500 hours of calculations… Analysing the frame, fork and cockpit assembly and identifying areas to refine and reduce aerodynamic resistance. They considered the integration of every component — brakes, wheels, bars, seatpost, hydration and storage — so the package is considered as a whole to reduce drag.
- Ergonomics – Ordu is designed to fit the widest possible range of riders. The ergonomics are easily modified over a huge range with just a few adjustment points, easily adaptable for any rider or race regulations. It doesn’t matter if you’re very flexible or not… Ordu will meet your needs.
- Handling – One of the most important points to consider when determining geometry is that the bike must be easy to ride. Going fast isn’t just a byproduct of good aerodynamics, it requires comfortable control over the bike. They lengthened the reach to increase stability, particularly in an aerodynamic position with your elbows on the pads. Likewise, a 72-degree head angle gives you more direct, responsive control of the bike. The bottom bracket is lower for better weight distribution and balance. A bike that’s easy to ride will help you maintain high speeds regardless of the course.
- Weight – Orbea analysed the areas where large amounts of material were being used for rigidity. By redesigning the shapes, adjusting the laminating process and using the best carbon fibre available, they shaved the weight considerably. Weight is dictated by the stiffness goals for each size, offering perfect balance of form and materials. While they were tweaking the aerodynamics, they made structural adjustments to meet the goal of having the lightest frame with a perfectly adjusted stiffness for each size. Frame: 1,130g + Fork: 440g + Seat post: 180g + Base bar: 245g
- Perfect Balance – By taking a different design approach, individually improving multiple factors and combining them into Ordu, they’ve carved out 5 extra watts. At Kona, this means reducing the best bike split by more than one minute.
- Full ICR – internal wiring
Also available are the Ordu M10iLtd and the M20iLTD Bikes with the Dura Ace groupset