With a 50mm rim depth to cut through the air at speed, the Knight Composites Tubeless Carbon Clincher Chris King R45 Wheelset will help you achieve your fastest performances. Designed primarily for aerodynamics and stability, these wheels utilise the patented new rim design to make tubeless setups more accessible and easier to install. These TLA (Tubeless-Aero) wheels have a unique centre channel and reduced wall height for simple mounting of tubeless tyres. The ‘hookless’ internal rim profile tapers in and locks down the bead, with a two-fold larger sealing surface than that of traditional ‘hooked’ rim designs. Another benefit is that the need for an air compressor is eliminated, and the tyres can be inflated via a standard track pump.
In a collaboration with German tyre brand Schwalbe, the rims are optimised for use with 25mm tyres, to get the best aero profile. These full carbon wheels are fast, light, strong and stiff. Trailing Edge Aerodynamic Manipulation (T.E.A.M.) creates a fast and more predictable ride. Knight analysed airflow over the wheel, rider and bike as a complete system, and have ensured reduced drag while improving stability.
Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) moulding helps to gain an exact shape and achieve a smooth internal surface with a consistent thickness. Along with the aerospace-grade Toray carbon fibre, the rim has a precise construction that is as reliable as it is strong.
Sapim CX Ray spokes lace the rim to the Chris King R45 hub. With the top quality that Chris King are renowned for, and utilising their made-in-house stainless steel bearings, you can be sure of the smoothest rolling and almost instant engagement when you put the power down.
Compatible with both SRAM and Shimano 9, 10 and 11-speed groupsets, these wheels are suitable for many rider setups.
Please note: The manufacturer does not recommend using latex inner tubes with carbon clincher wheels. Using latex tubes may void your warranty.
- Tubeless-ready clincher, 700c
- Trailing Edge Aerodynamic Manipulation (T.E.A.M.) creates a faster, more predictable ride
- Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) moulding system increases strength and stiffness and reduces weight
- Developed in collaboration with Schwalbe
- Manufactured with Knight’s patent-pending internal rim profile, making tyre installation easier
- Provides both a pneumatic and mechanical locking system
- Industry-leading sealing surface with an optimised aero profile
- Optimised for 25mm tyre widths
- Material: EPS Moulded Carbon Fibre
- Rim depth: 50mm
- External rim width: 27.5mm
- Internal rim width: 19.5mm
- ERD: 588
- Chris King R45 hubs with stainless steel bearings
- Sapim CX Ray spokes
- Spoke count: 20 (front) / 24 (rear)
- Rim weight: 480 grams (approximately)
- Wheelset weight: 1500 grams (approximately)
- Compatible with Shimano/SRAM 9,10 and 11-speed cassettes