It doesn’t matter if your bike is brand new or several years old having a Retul bike fit could benefit your speed, comfort and overall enjoyment.
Whether it’s a road bike, mountain bike, TT bike, Triathlon bike or recreational bike, if you spend more than 20 minutes a day cycling you could benefit from a Retul certified bike fit.
As trained Retul experts we use the latest technology and our 3D motion capture bike fitting service will look at every aspect of your cycling before making recommendations that will help you cycle faster and better, while reducing the energy you exert.
We believe if this technology is good enough for professional road cycling teams, Garmin Sharp Barracuda, Team Radioshack and Team Sky, it’s good enough for you.
What to expect
- We start by having you fill in one of our rider questionnaires, this gives us an idea of what your specific cycling needs are and if you have any problems injuries or niggles that we may have to consider during your fit process.
- We then go on to a bio mechanical analysis and strength flexibility assessment this also feeds us more information on your specific needs as a cyclist.
- Then you go on to warm up on your bike for 10 minutes whilst we calibrate and check our equipment.
- When this is complete, our sensors are placed in specific spots on your body in order for us to start the 3D motion capture. A fifteen second video capture is taken whilst you are riding to provide a before image.
- When your ride begins we take 15 second captures at different wattage levels on both sides. At this point you are allowed a brief rest whilst we look at changes we need to make to your position. Changes are made until we are happy with the overall position. We then take further final captures for analysis.
- At the point we are both happy with your new position so with you, we go through what we have done and why.
- You are then presented with a Comprehensive digital report of 3D and 2D body parameters, 3D bicycle fit coordinates, and bike frame geometry.
- You are now ready to ride.
We always recommend after a fitting to reduce the volume of training slightly for a week to get your body used to your new optimal riding position.